Thursday, September 06, 2007

Sleep

The evening hangs beneath the moon.
A silver thread on darken dune.
With closing eyes and resting head
I know that sleep is coming soon.
.
Upon my pillow safe in bed,
A thousand pictures filled my head.
I cannot sleep,
My mind's aflight
And yet my limbs seemed made of lead.
.
If there are noises in the night.
A frightening shadow.
Flickering light.
As I surrendered my mind to sleep,
Where clouds of dreams give second sight.
.
What dreams may come both dark and deep,
Of flying wings and soaring leap,
As I surrender my mind to sleep.
Sleep...
.
.
-Eric Whitacre

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

surrender your mind to sleep
to indulge in the dream of us
beyond all those trust
with all the flatterning creep.

miss you don.
xoxo
xRXx

Anonymous said...

this is me boosting your ego! =)

eriko said...

long time no see, ur pictures are still as good. haha!